FI Map adjustment Q:

1 reply to this topic

Posted May 09, 2013 - 06:25 AM

From the maps I've seen from Yamaha and the Australia ones, 8 of the 11 maps were designed for use with the stock pipe. That said, by changing out to an aftermarket pipe/opening air box etc I'm assuming these maps would need to be richened up on the fuel side to get the same desired response?

Example: Stock pipe......Smooth low-to-mid acceleration/linear response feeling at small throttle opens. This is what it shows...

0 0 0 0 0 0
-3 0 0 -5 -3 0
-3 -3 0 -5 -5 0

To achieve the same performance with an aftermarket pipe would it need to be bumped a little like this?

2 2 2 0 0 0
-1 2 2 -5 -3 0
-1 -1 2 -5 -5 0

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GP1K

Posted May 09, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Great question, one I've been looking for an answer on as well. That's the 'tight woods' map up above, no? I'm running that one right now, but also feel it's too lean with a FMF pipe etc. I made a modified one based on that, but haven't been able to test it yet.

The bike has been out for over a year now, you'd think there's be more info/maps out there by now?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.