White Bros. R-4 slip-on Questions????

3 replies to this topic

Posted November 26, 2001 - 08:41 AM

Hey guys,
I must say I think that the best money I have ever spent or charged (ha ha) is on my 01' 426. I am pondering on buying the r-4 slip-on vs. just keeping the bike stock. My bike absolutely ripps (5th gear wheelies downhill), just wondering if anyone has this slipon with the stock headpipe and have left jetting stock. I have posted a similiar topic on this muffler but would just like a little more info before I drop the $175. How about sound increase or power gains. As far as I am concerned the louder the better. I would prefer to just install it and leave everything else stock. any info is greatly appreciated,
Thanks!! :) :D Any cheaper anywhere than $175.00
Live to ride....Ride to Live!!

• Odie

Posted November 27, 2001 - 06:00 AM

Hey Frank,

Where did you find it for $175? The best I've found is $239!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted November 27, 2001 - 06:51 AM

Actually that might be a little cheap, I can get it for about $190 through Parts Unlimited (about 10 dollars over cost). That is through my local parts shop not a dealer. I work for a BMW dealer and can get parts for cost plus 25% so it is still alot better than your or my local bike shop charges. Just can't decide if I need to spend the extra dough for this pipe it already has that kick ass sound!!

• Odie

Posted November 28, 2001 - 06:28 AM

Yeah - my bike does sound pretty tough. At least I thought so until my friend mounted a R4 slip-on on his 01'426. Holy Sh!t - that thing sounded baaaad assssss! Yes, it got louder but I ride MX and don't care. I rode it and with stock jetting, it pulled like a bitch. It seemed to be a midrage and up pipe. I am definitely going to get one but I gotta wait till after X-Mas.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.