Carb troubles

No replies to this topic
  • etuke

Posted May 08, 2013 - 03:03 PM

Having a problem with my carb at slow speed.With the throttle between the closed position and before 1/4 throttle it has like a lean gurgle.While trying to just cruise on the trail it will stumble and pop out the exhaust,its not constant but still very annoying.If I nail the throttle it will take off fine and be steady and it idles perfect.I changed the pilot jet to a smaller 42 with no difference so I then tried 1 bigger than stock at a 48 and still does it.It seems to be worse on colder days,this sunday was warm and it ran fine but Monday when I went for a ride it was cold and it ran bad in that throttle range.I took off the carb tonight to clean it good,I found a lot of fine sand or dirt in the throttle slide area but nothing in the fuel part of the carb.The throttle slide plate looks worn to me along with the side of the carb it slides against,can this cause the symptoms I have?The carb is now clean but couldn't really try it tonight but from the little ride around the yard it still seems to be there.

EDIT: forgot to mention its a 07 yz450.

Edited by etuke, May 08, 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.