Changing the oil on my '99 WR400

7 replies to this topic
  • 4dirt

Posted April 26, 2001 - 07:26 AM

I just bought a wr400 from a guy and he didnt have the owners manual. Can anyone tell me how much oil my bike holds? Also I am looking for a maintence manual or an old owners manual. I checked with Clymer and they don't make one for a 99 wr yet. I checked at the local dealer and they said that a new owners manual would cost me $53.00! (no thank you) Anyway . . . if any of you have an idea where I can get an old manual or order one online for a reasonable price please let me know

• Bryan Bosch

Posted April 26, 2001 - 08:07 AM

1.7 quarters (approx.) Check ebay for a manual or ask someone to copy and mail you pages. I'd be happy to. Email me your mailing address or a fax number.

• paul913

Posted April 26, 2001 - 11:26 AM

Of all the bikes I've owned, the WR's manual is far and away the best. In hindsight, mine was well woth the $53 bucks. Get someone to fax or scan some pages for you. You will se what I mean.

Jake

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 26, 2001 - 11:48 AM

BE SURE YOU DRAIN THE FRAME COMPLETELY!! Pull out and clean the frame screen as well.

You never know with a used bike if it was REALLY taken care of. You can just hope!

------------------
'99 WZ with all YZ mods, de-octopused, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean and Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 26, 2001 - 01:09 PM

Kevin, what frame screen?
Dennis

• Lou*

Posted April 26, 2001 - 01:57 PM

The screen is located at the bottom of the front of the frame, below the frame drain plug.

Lou*

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 26, 2001 - 02:10 PM

Is this the deal thats in-line. My guess that it is one of the oil lines in front of the frame.
Dennis

• Bill

Posted April 26, 2001 - 02:23 PM

Dennis,

That is correct. It looks like a 70's, Ford gas filter that bolted right to the carb. It's on there tight, probably around 70 ft/lbs.

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.