A little water or some fluid sitting in bottom of intake when i pulled off air filter..

9 replies to this topic
  • Kennethyz450f

Posted May 02, 2013 - 09:03 PM

Here is a picture right after i washed my bike i opened it up and removed the air filter and this is what i saw.. comments please, is this bad?

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-05-01_20-22-53_874.jpg

• Trailryder42

Posted May 02, 2013 - 09:21 PM

I would think anytime you direct a high pressure stream at your airbox or the ports from which it draws its air you might see something like this. Looking at the top of the hole, the dirty grit all the way across the filter sealing surface to the edge of the hole make it seem like your filter wasn't sealed or seated properly.

If you're not running a bead of grease between the filter and seal surface, you should be.

• Kennethyz450f

Posted May 02, 2013 - 09:36 PM

thats grease left on the plastic i sealed her good

• Kennethyz450f

Posted May 02, 2013 - 09:41 PM

someone was telling me its oil from overfilling

i keep my bike at my parents so i cant check if it is atm

• j753301

Posted May 02, 2013 - 09:51 PM

You should be ale to tell what type of fluid it is. Its prob just water that got by the air filter when u washed it.prob got in where the seat and tank meet while you where spraying off the shrouds or seat, then on the air filter and dripped down

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huskymad127

Posted May 02, 2013 - 11:58 PM

On my husky the engine breather goes to the airbox, if I have a spill on the breather side it chucks oil in there and looks exactly like what you are seeing.

• stevekx500

Posted May 03, 2013 - 05:02 AM

Here is a picture right after i washed my bike i opened it up and removed the air filter and this is what i saw.. comments please, is this bad?

I had this happen 2 me w/ a couple bikes I bought used b4. Guessing it was dirty water. I just wiped it out & never see it again cause I also run a bead of air filter grease / sealant around the contact edge b4 putting it back on which keeps everything out.

• yz125rider447

Posted May 03, 2013 - 05:56 AM

Its because you sprayed water in the air intake when you washed your bike. They make air filter intake covers for bikes. Everyones done this before.

• GottaHangOn

Posted May 08, 2013 - 02:27 PM

Well is it water oil?

Oil can be introduced by the crankcase breather if its routed to the intake. Yes overfilling can cause the breather to slobber, so can long high RPM runs. If the oil mists heavily it will exit through the breather. If you have excessively oiled your filter then slapped it right in, it can slime the intake also. After it sits the oil will pool. If its water, shouldnt be hard to figure out. Washing, huge puddles, heavy rain.. etc etc. The air filter isnt waterproof either. If air can be pulled through it so can water generally.

• Kennethyz450f

Posted May 08, 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hey ya it was just water, it will be fine

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.