WR or YZ VIN?

1 reply to this topic
  • fdme

Posted May 02, 2013 - 03:52 PM

I bought a wr400 2000 model a while back. I have it registered on my insurance now since it is street legal and while looking at my account summary after I entered the vin it pops up as a yz426f 2000

My question is there any way to look at the vin and find out whether its a yz or wr? It has a mixture of yz and wr parts on it as it stands... I know the tenth digit determines the year (indeed a 2000), but I dont know what any of the other digits mean? The tranny feels as tall as my friends xr400 and it has a headlight so Im pretty positive its a wr but would like to know for sure.

My title says wr400 as well. One last question, is it normal for the vin to mention some stuff about canadian importing etc? The vin area has a maple leaf and mentions some stuff about Canada lol. Im down in arizona so I dont know if this is normal when they are imported over.

Edited by fdme, May 02, 2013 - 03:55 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Do I Care?

Posted May 03, 2013 - 02:21 PM

Go to this site HERE..... type in your vin and search. Voila! tells you what it is.

Example: My bike
1999 YAMAHA WR400F

VIN:
JYACH04W8XA008362
Check sum validation failed

World region:
Asia

Manufactured in:
Japan

Year:

Make:
Yamaha

Model:
WR400F

Body style:
Enduro

Drive type:
RWD

Cylinders:
1 Cylinders

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.