Need help identifying these camshafts!

3 replies to this topic
  • Zaj 243

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:17 PM

Picked up a used '08 engine for a bike i'm putting together and i'm not sure what the camshafts are. The engine has pro mx/sx racing background and I don't plan on using these cams but still interested in the make of them. I measured the lift and recorded the writing on them to see if anyone knows who may produce them.

Intake cam: 9.65mm lift, markings are 9110INT Q8814-09
Exhaust Cam: 9.13mm lift, markings are 9112EXH Q8819-09

I have not put a degree wheel on them yet to measure lobe center lines or duration. These cams are also not welded/reground from stock cores, several noticeable manufacturing differences between all 03-09 cams I have on the shelf. Story is the engine was last used in the '09 Pro mx outdoor season for a well known race team. Seems with such high lift and peaky lobes they will not be ideal for top end breather cams that I would need.

Thanks for any insight.

• grayracer513

Posted May 01, 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'd suggest either just graphing out the whole cam profile with a degree wheel, or Googling the big name cam grinders to see if you find those PN's in their listings.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zaj 243

Posted May 01, 2013 - 09:09 AM

I have checked with all major makers of cams- no luck. The cams came from a JGR motor, and I checked with dan crower to see if he built them and he did not...he currently does alot of cam work for them as far as i know.

• grayracer513

Posted May 01, 2013 - 11:37 AM

So, whip out the degree wheel and build your own grind card. Remember to use .030" to .050" as the point you call the opening or closing.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.