WR450 Exhaust on a YZ450 ??

5 replies to this topic
  • MXof21

Posted December 06, 2003 - 03:10 PM

I am going to do a little woods riding with my 2003 YZ450F and wondered if a stock exhaust from a WR450 would fit. I figured I better make sure it will fit before I try to find one to buy. Thanks

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 06, 2003 - 04:13 PM

Yes it will fit. Same header also.

Posted December 06, 2003 - 04:18 PM

I just went the other way on my WR . Put a YZ muffler on my WR so I would think it would. The WR muffler hard bolts to the subframe. No rubber bushing like on the YZ. Other than that the bolt layout is the same (at least on the WR). I also just picked up a stock '01 WR exhaust in like new condition on Ebay for $80 for my dual sport. They're out there to be had just gotta keep a sharp eye. If you run the stock WR exhaust get a GYT or one of the other aftermarket inserts as the stock one is a joke (my lawnmower has a bigger exhaust :))

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted December 07, 2003 - 08:17 AM

PBDBLUE did you notice any performance gains using the YZ pipe??

Posted December 07, 2003 - 08:28 AM

I actually just put it on so I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I did have to fatten up the pilot and raise the needle 1 clip because it was popping out the exhaust after I put it on which I guess is an indication it breathes better. I did it mainly for the weight savings (3+ lbs) and am hoping that there will be some performance gain as well.

• Beta_Man

Posted December 07, 2003 - 10:04 PM

I also put the yz exhuast on my wr 450 and it really woke up the bike. A lot louder but it made the midrange hit harder and also it would pull harder in the high rpms. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.