04 WR450 plated

6 replies to this topic
  • E4x4Eric

Posted April 29, 2013 - 03:57 PM

Here is a video of my bike riding in town. Please let me know what you guys think about the engine sound? Thanks in advance,

• still2smokin

Posted April 29, 2013 - 04:17 PM

I am starting to think California sucks ! Apparently in Texas you can make a WR street legal even w/o mirrors
and you can leave your garage unlocked.

The exhaust sounds good to me :thumbsup:

• Rocky739

Posted April 29, 2013 - 05:31 PM

I ride mine around Indianapolis sometimes to do errands or have a beer at the corner bar or at least till I buy new tires!
Plated mine in indiana without any inspection even though I put a brake light, horn and a mirror on mostly in case I get hassled by the man.

Exhaust sounds close to mine (FMF Q4). If I ever get busted for sound I'm gonna go off as its a never ending parade of straight pipe Harley fergusons up and down the Main Street of my neighborhood. Not to mention hybusas doing wheelies at every stoplight. I sit on my porch and listen for the carnage.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 29, 2013 - 08:18 PM

Your camera is pointing too low...

I hear decel popping...your pilot circuit is lean....or you still have AIS...

Your off-idle response is gurggly....so you keep having to 'blip' out of it....

• miweber929

Posted April 30, 2013 - 04:39 AM

Your camera is pointing too low...

I hear decel popping...your pilot circuit is lean....or you still have AIS...

Your off-idle response is gurggly....so you keep having to 'blip' out of it....

All of the above except the 03-04 have no AIS.

The actual motor sounds fine (your original question), but your pilot jetting and idle speed for sure are off and it sounds like you might have an exhaust leak with all the air popping. Hard to tell with all the other stuff going on and not being right there. It should idle smooth and not need any throttle. And should sound tight and be quite happy throttle wise.

As a personal note, get some gear if you're gong to street ride. I don't care how small your town is, a chest protector, t-shirt and fatigue pants will literally do nothing if you end up sliding. Sometimes the mall town, short trip mentality is where most people go wrong: something like 80% of all accident happen with 5 minutes and 5 miles of your destination. My dad was riding my WR last fall in their town of 200 people to get gas and had the back end slip out around a corner. You know the little bone that sticks out the side of your foot by your toes? Yeah, his is now gone and his knees and hands were ground to hamburger from a maybe 20 mph get off.

• E4x4Eric

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:19 AM

The bike is all stock except for the pea shooter, the PO removed it before I got the bike. The only major mod I did to it is the street legal stuff using the Tusk kit.
Oh!, and I really should wear safety gears while riding. Thanks for reminding me,

• miweber929

Posted April 30, 2013 - 07:06 PM

The bike is all stock except for the pea shooter, the PO removed it before I got the bike. The only major mod I did to it is the street legal stuff using the Tusk kit.
Oh!, and I really should wear safety gears while riding. Thanks for reminding me,

Yup, rejet, do all your free mods and read the stickys about setting up the fuel screw. Most people nu adjustable ones but personally I have yet to need to adjust it since the initial setting on my 04.

Do that stuff and you should be golden. Off my gear soapbox as well :)

Edited by miweber929, April 30, 2013 - 07:07 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.