12/13 WR450 Comp ECU Maps?

42 replies to this topic
  • stewart_frank

Posted April 29, 2013 - 10:31 AM

[color=#000000]Ok guys, I’m switching from red to blue and am looking at the 12/13 WR450F and have a few questions. Is the comp ECU plug and play or do you need to install a map to it? The first thing I plan on doing is putting a pipe on and opening up the air box. My buddy just got a 12 WR450 and bought the tuner so I have access to a tuner and can install maps if it is necessary. I was hoping I could just uncork and put the comp ECU on and that would be enough. If you have to install a map to make it work, does anyone have the setting for some good maps?[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by stewart_frank, April 29, 2013 - 10:31 AM.

• DuncR6

Posted April 29, 2013 - 11:50 AM

[color=#000000]Ok guys, I’m switching from red to blue and am looking at the 12/13 WR450F and have a few questions. Is the comp ECU plug and play or do you need to install a map to it? The first thing I plan on doing is putting a pipe on and opening up the air box. My buddy just got a 12 WR450 and bought the tuner so I have access to a tuner and can install maps if it is necessary. I was hoping I could just uncork and put the comp ECU on and that would be enough. If you have to install a map to make it work, does anyone have the setting for some good maps?[/color][/size][/font]

It's plug and play until you start changing exhausts systems, etc. So if all you're doing is the typical throttle screw replacement and taking the exhaust restrictor out then you're good to go.

• stewart_frank

Posted April 29, 2013 - 02:47 PM

No I'm going to put the FMF core on and open up the air box. I wonder if FMF has any maps for there pipe?

• waltersobchak

Posted April 30, 2013 - 05:34 PM

There is a FMF map on the Yamaha website. The Aussie map works pretty well.

• stewart_frank

Posted May 01, 2013 - 10:28 AM

Ok thanks found them.

Posted May 01, 2013 - 12:10 PM

It's plug and play until you start changing exhausts systems, etc. So if all you're doing is the typical throttle screw replacement and taking the exhaust restrictor out then you're good to go.

So if an aftermarket pipe goes on, how will that effect a map designed for the stock pipe?

• JDLowrance

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:41 PM

I'm running the FMF map with a twist. I've set the fuel map per spec sheet but I ended up removing the ignition advance due to the power being too snappy off the bottom. It's just about perfect now.

• DuncR6

Posted May 02, 2013 - 05:29 AM

So if an aftermarket pipe goes on, how will that effect a map designed for the stock pipe?

I would imagine the bike would run leaner as the air flow has improved (well hopefully it improves lol). Would it run and be OK? More than likely yes, but it might be worth to get the tune checked.

• 270winchester

Posted May 04, 2013 - 05:06 PM

I have been running the FMF map and so far have nothing bad to say about it. I haven't ridden any real technical single track though.

• 2theMTNS

Posted May 05, 2013 - 07:16 PM

Can anybody tell me where I can find the fmf ecu map and maybe some others. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • waltersobchak

Posted May 06, 2013 - 02:30 AM

Google fuel maps for yamaha gytr tuner and pick the first link on the results page. There you will see a link to suggested baseline settings for yz or wr.

• stewart_frank

Posted May 06, 2013 - 05:02 AM

I got to ride my buddy’s 12WR450 this weekend and WOW! Love it!. He got the comp ecu in and a 2008 YZ pipe on. The suspension was great on the trail. The bike is a beast down low on the trails. It had more snap than his 09YZ 450! He is going to have to retard the timing down low. He has the tuner but forgot to pack it so we couldn’t play with the setting this weekend. I can’t wait to get mine just need to sale my bike now.

• 270winchester

Posted May 06, 2013 - 03:18 PM

Can anybody tell me where I can find the fmf ecu map and maybe some others. Thanks

http://www.yamahamot...r_settings.aspx

• stewart_frank

Posted May 08, 2013 - 03:44 AM

Here's some more. http://www.transmoto...aha-WR450F-Maps

• 2theMTNS

Posted May 09, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for the help with the maps

• RSWR450F

Posted May 22, 2013 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• stewart_frank

Posted May 23, 2013 - 05:24 AM

Good job RSWR450F! I found some maps for the YZ450F to tame it down in the woods that might work good for the WR. I've got about 6 pages of maps I'm going to try out this weekend and I post the results here later.

• 270winchester

Posted May 29, 2013 - 11:31 AM

Has anybody worked out a custom map for tight, rocky, multi stepped singletrack? I was in Moab last week and the FMF exhaust map i was running was no bueno. A lot of the trails were 5 mph trails with multi level stair steps and this bike is a beast to manage at that speed. The FMF map is too agressive when going slow (at least for me) and needing to delicately add power to take the weight off the front, etc.

My bike has airbox mod, comp ECU and FMF Can only (stock head pipe)

The bike is fine in the desert or on 2 tracks with the FMF map, just need something now for the technical stuff. The majority of the published maps seem to be for a stock exhaust. I guess I could interprolate between the two???

what say you experts?

thx

• Andrew Puetz

Posted June 07, 2013 - 06:57 PM

Has anybody worked out a custom map for tight, rocky, multi stepped singletrack? I was in Moab last week and the FMF exhaust map i was running was no bueno. A lot of the trails were 5 mph trails with multi level stair steps and this bike is a beast to manage at that speed. The FMF map is too agressive when going slow (at least for me) and needing to delicately add power to take the weight off the front, etc.

My bike has airbox mod, comp ECU and FMF Can only (stock head pipe)

The bike is fine in the desert or on 2 tracks with the FMF map, just need something now for the technical stuff. The majority of the published maps seem to be for a stock exhaust. I guess I could interprolate between the two???

what say you experts?

thx

I have the SAME set up coming for my 2012 WR450F. (Air Box done, ECU/Programmer and CGYTR PowerCore ordered)

Same question as above... and also any recommendations to boot the stock header in favor for a PowerBomb??

Edited by Andrew Puetz, June 07, 2013 - 07:00 PM.

• Andrew Puetz

Posted June 07, 2013 - 06:59 PM

Also any other mods needed?

Edited by Andrew Puetz, June 07, 2013 - 07:01 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.