Airbox?

9 replies to this topic
  • big t

Posted December 06, 2003 - 07:05 AM

When uncorking do you remove the boot and plastic or just take out the plastic then put the boot back in?

• Dutch

Posted December 06, 2003 - 08:07 AM

Remove the boot and the plastic.

• big t

Posted December 06, 2003 - 08:58 AM

Thanks!

• big t

Posted December 10, 2003 - 09:22 AM

Man, I see what they mean by corked up. Pulling the boot and the plastic more than doubles the air flow. I drilled the exhaust out. So all I'm waiting on now are the jets and manifold. I can't wait. :)

• TimBrp

Posted December 10, 2003 - 09:29 AM

Man, I see what they mean by corked up. Pulling the boot and the plastic more than doubles the air flow. I drilled the exhaust out. So all I'm waiting on now are the jets and manifold. I can't wait. :)

How about the needle; it's a must.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • big t

Posted December 10, 2003 - 12:49 PM

Does the needle make that much difference? I was going to go with the stock one at the 4th clip position.

• qadsan

Posted December 10, 2003 - 01:11 PM

A little bit of performance can be gained with the B53E needle in some applications, but many people are quite happy with the stock needle in the 4th position. You can always buy the B53E needle later on if you're short on money or don't currently have the time to install it, but if you've got the extra money and the time to install it, then it's worthwhile.

• BWB63

Posted December 10, 2003 - 04:08 PM

You can modify you stock intake manifold by pulling out the aluminium piece out (that is in the center)and cutting out most of the rest of the rubber that was holding it. Leaving 1/8" of the rubber to be the intake spigot and carboretor stop. You are leaving a wall to sepporate the carboretor and the engine intake.

• LEWISCLAN

Posted December 10, 2003 - 07:41 PM

Bruce how about the air box mod you did on my bike

• BWB63

Posted December 10, 2003 - 09:35 PM

I was thinking that the difference of uncorking would be the first kick in the pants and when scare of that rush is over then to step two! How did the Oinker pass the test?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.