installing self start?

2 replies to this topic
  • needforspeed

Posted April 26, 2013 - 01:49 AM

HEY GYZZ!!!

I have a yamaha YZ 450F. since i mostly ride in deserts, every time i stall or fall down it is difficult to start the bike. so i was wondering if i could install a self start on the bike. (PS: the bike does not have battery!!)

thanks in advance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 26, 2013 - 06:51 AM

If you have an'06-'09, you can convert it to electric start with only about $1500 worth of hardware, including a new crank, the WR stator and flywheel, and some other stuff. Then there's wiring.

If you have an '03-'05, you'll need crankcases to go with that. Not possible at all with the '10+ models as far as I know.

• etuke

Posted April 27, 2013 - 04:42 AM

probably better to invest in an auto clutch.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.