Shooting Flames!!!!!!!

10 replies to this topic
  • Amador

Posted November 21, 2001 - 05:40 PM

Help! My bike is shooting foot long flames out of the tail pipe along with a loud backfire. i have a 00 426. Any input??

• dan_Rekito

Posted November 21, 2001 - 05:45 PM

Pull the spark plug What color is it?

• Amador

Posted November 21, 2001 - 05:51 PM

The spark plug is brand new. It happens when I chop the throttle off.

• dan_Rekito

Posted November 21, 2001 - 06:07 PM

Backfires are usually caused by a lean mixture, Im pointed at the carburetor, have you looked at the sediment bowl in the bottom of the carb unscrew it and see how much junk is in there .You may want to just take the carb off and clean it.

• MikeOK

Posted November 21, 2001 - 06:21 PM

Man, there have been a few times I could have used that problem when some 2 smoker came up behind me...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_Slade

Posted November 21, 2001 - 08:43 PM

MAN! get a picture before you fix it!!!!! I'd like mine to do that! Gotta look pretty cool!

• Ramrod

Posted November 22, 2001 - 02:54 AM

Doesn't it say in the manual not to chop the throttle when you start it? That might be part of your problem?

• Amador

Posted November 22, 2001 - 10:27 PM

It does look pretty cool, but the doesn't solve my problem! The Carb is clean. Just did it. Any more suggestions?

• Amador

Posted November 22, 2001 - 10:34 PM

Is the sediment bowl the plug on the bottom of the carb?

• Psycho426

Posted November 22, 2001 - 10:02 PM

Try this link it's not specifically for a YZ but you might pick up some tips there, hope this helps:

Backfire Solutions

If it looks like this on a car

Posted Image

it must look awesome on a bike :)

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: Psycho426 ]

• Rooster_UK

Posted November 23, 2001 - 06:19 AM

In the UK if a 426 back fires its because it has standard unleaded instead of super unleaded.

Or...

The guy's a FMF reckon you want ajdust the screw under tbe bowl by a turn or .5 to 1.5 turns

good luck.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.