What is this coming from the breather hose?

3 replies to this topic
  • ericus

Posted April 22, 2013 - 07:00 AM

https://dl.dropboxus...0422_161751.jpg
What is that? I noticed it today, the bike's been standing still for a couple of days. It feels oily.

I've seen this once before, but then it was white (condensation + oil as I understand). This time it MAY have been white and then the water might have evaporated, not sure.
Should I be worried?

Edited by ericus, April 22, 2013 - 07:23 AM.

• cr8ter

Posted April 22, 2013 - 09:15 PM

looks like coolant and oil mix?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zeuszuki

Posted April 22, 2013 - 10:13 PM

https://dl.dropboxus...0422_161751.jpg
What is that? I noticed it today, the bike's been standing still for a couple of days. It feels oily.

I've seen this once before, but then it was white (condensation + oil as I understand). This time it MAY have been white and then the water might have evaporated, not sure.
Should I be worried?

Been riding in water or a wet trail/track lately? Just a bit of water emulsified with engine oil from the breather, I personally wouldn't be stressing about it. If it was me I would remove the breather pipe, clean it out internally and reinstall .

• ericus

Posted April 23, 2013 - 12:52 AM

Been riding in water or a wet trail/track lately? Just a bit of water emulsified with engine oil from the breather, I personally wouldn't be stressing about it. If it was me I would remove the breather pipe, clean it out internally and reinstall .

I've been riding in snow. Okay, that's what I hoped it was! The oil in the engine looks perfectly healthy, so I doubt that it's coolant mixed.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.