rebuilt 426 - wont start, please help

No replies to this topic
  • black_chrome

Posted April 21, 2013 - 08:54 AM

I got my WR426 rebuilt last year after I stripped the crank threads while torquing the flywheel back on. It was redone with Hotcams by an engine builder, and I have finally got the bike back together after converting it to a street legal supermoto, and I cant get the thing to start. It has spark and fuel so Im thinking the timing is off.

If someone can tell me how the marks should line up, or how many pins should be between the marks with hotcams (and Im running YZ timing, "grey wire mod"), Id really appreciate it. I dont know if it was rebuilt with the YZ or WR timing, so Im gonna check it now (WR is 1 tooth retarded I believe?). The hotcams are the auto-decomp as well if that has any effect.

Please help!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.