Blue or Gold Rims... Vote please!

44 replies to this topic
  • GYT-Rider

Posted November 22, 2001 - 12:03 PM

I'd go with black

• yzernie

Posted November 22, 2001 - 12:18 PM

I'd use the money for the rims to get the suspension dialed........Gold!!!

• Bill

Posted November 22, 2001 - 02:27 PM

What Ernie said............except Black :)

• Mxer303

Posted November 22, 2001 - 02:43 PM

These were on mine when I bought it. The only 426 I've seen like it.
[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Mxer303 ]

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Mxer303 ]

• mxchamps

Posted November 22, 2001 - 08:22 PM

Sorry Boit, didn't mean to make you cry.

• Matt_W

Posted November 23, 2001 - 02:36 AM

When I purchased my 94 YZ 250 about 3 years back, it had purple plastic and red rims. You want to talk about ugly !!! I have since had the entire engine re-built and put all new black and white plastic on the bike, but those red rims are still hideous, check it out:

Posted Image

As long as I have owned this bike I would kill just to get chrome rims for it. My 426 on the other hand as chrome rims and I think nothing looks better on any bike with any graphics combination. If I were forced to give up chrome rims I would say Gold, but like the phrase goes; "They can have my chrome rims when they pry my cold dead hands from them".

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: Matt W ]

• hempking

Posted November 23, 2001 - 03:46 AM

BLACK Are you planning to lace the spokes yourself? I may be wrong, but I think thats a LOT harder than one might think. I tried it on a mountian bike and had a hell of a time geting it true! :)

• Boit

Posted November 23, 2001 - 04:51 AM

mxchamps: It appears to me that YOU are the one crying about a thread asking opinions concerning rim color choices. If you don't give a ****, why bother with a post?

• Rooster_UK

Posted November 23, 2001 - 05:54 AM

Newbie here, and here's another Opinion, Gold's good on a standard bike, and black looks really trick on a trick bike and cheap on a stocker.

what about the hubs >?

Posted November 23, 2001 - 06:33 AM

And I'm with Boit. There are other dirt bike forums where whining about someones questions are the norm.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Roostie_1

Posted November 23, 2001 - 07:33 AM

I'm with Holeshot. My silver rims are excellent for practising and they do well on the starts, but they always get passed by everyone after the first corner. Can anyone reccomend a good color for faster lap times or possibly more trophies?

:) :D

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 23, 2001 - 03:02 PM

Hey boit ,
You have posted some great info on here and never heard you whine or CRY!
Keep postin' bro.!
Ignore ignore Ignore! :D

• teamtoxic

Posted November 23, 2001 - 03:30 PM

<font color="navy">What the hell is a two stroke doing on this board!!!!? That's disgusting! :)

And I agree. Why post if ya don't care.

I still would go with the <font color="gold">GOLD<font color="navy"> rims on the blue 426!

This just came into my mind... black rims would look totally sweet with the yellow hurricane plastic kit! Hell, gold would look spiffy too!

Good luck in your decision. I think votes are about equal.

• Glen_T

Posted November 24, 2001 - 06:47 PM

BLACK!!! But only second to the stock silver! Blue and Gold belong in the trash IMHO.

• Odie

Posted November 26, 2001 - 05:57 AM

Black rims with gold hubs and gold sprockets.

• mcarp

Posted November 26, 2001 - 06:58 AM

Gold rims and talon gold hubs look prety nice...I wouldn't bother with them unless you're planning on lacing up a new set of wheels. I have two sets--one for hardpack, one for mud. The ability to change type of tires and sprockets in about 5 minutes is pretty nice...

You could probably get your existing rims re-anodized too.

Let me know if you want a pic of gold rims and gold hubs...

Posted November 26, 2001 - 08:55 AM

As many bikes as I have had over the years I always wanted a set of Excel Rims. Now when I bought my kick-a#$ 426 it comes stock with them.
Nothing looks better than a set of polished silver Excels on a bike....Silver!!!! What's wrong with the ones that came on it stock....Spend the money on something else for the bike!!! :)

• ToddW

Posted November 27, 2001 - 07:24 AM

I agree with Odie, Black rims with gold sprockets and Hubs. By the way how many of you guys are running 20" fronts? I still have mine, I notice Ty Davis still runs one too.

• Robertski

Posted November 27, 2001 - 07:44 AM

My son has a TL125 Yamaha (same blue scheme as my YZ426), and it came with Gold rims. Looks really good.

• thumpy

Posted November 27, 2001 - 11:05 AM

Black, they're manly!

Gold, they're flashy!

Blue & purple, they're what a homo would run! (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Red, they're for free-riders!

Silver, they're stealthy!

These results were derived from a thorough scientific survey of 1.2 million moto mad men from around the world. Try and dispute that!

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: thumpy ]

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.