2012 WR450 hanguard woes

3 replies to this topic
  • ruby37

Posted April 20, 2013 - 11:10 AM

Just picked up my first yamaha.Been a Honda man my whole life but wanted to try something new.Really like the looks of the wr450.Much more updated then the honda 450x.Got a GYTR FMF Q 4 pipe coming and the comp ecu. Had some Powermad haguards in the shop from an old bike that I wanted to put on. Don't fit, no room.Anybody had any success with other brands of handguards? I'm a woods rider,eventually will be putting on Cycra Probend full wraps on.Just looking for something temporary,unless they work good

• beairmo

Posted April 22, 2013 - 03:57 AM

I put these BarkBuster JET handguards on my WR last weekend. Excellent product. They are a new model and I am happy with them so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ruby37

Posted April 22, 2013 - 04:16 AM

Thanks for the info.Will look them up

• GP1K

Posted April 22, 2013 - 09:02 AM

I put Cycra ProBends with the triple clamp mount on mine, they're super strong and bolt right up. I cut my bars down 1" and still had no problem mounting them. The styles that clamp on the bars don't work very well with Pro Tapers/Fat Bars as the clamp is right on the tapered part... not so good.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.