2012 wr 450 exhaust

4 replies to this topic
  • Schoonover_1245

Posted April 20, 2013 - 06:18 AM

Hey TT found a FMF exhaust for it and just wanted to know if I have to remap the fuel. I have the comp. ecu and all that.

PS my search button is not working or I don't know how to use it if there is something on this just point me it the right direction thanks !!!!!!!!

• EdgeR6

Posted April 22, 2013 - 06:44 PM

Generally speaking over all the bikes i have owned, u most diffently want the bike tunned for you exhaust system. if its a slip on it may not be required. but i weould go ahead an order u tunner either pc5 or gytr w/comp ecu. i have decided to go with a pch but not sure by doing a pc 5 if comp ecu is still needed, or if it will have any bennfits. im also trying to determi ne if a full system will give u a lot more power then just getting a slip on. on my r1 the headers gave an extra .5 hp, so idecided against that because it was a lot more money and .5 hp isnt going to make or break me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • miweber929

Posted April 23, 2013 - 04:28 AM

Hey TT found a FMF exhaust for it and just wanted to know if I have to remap the fuel. I have the comp. ecu and all that.

PS my search button is not working or I don't know how to use it if there is something on this just point me it the right direction thanks !!!!!!!!

Yup. If you have the comp ECU, that's why you bought it!

Mike

• GP1K

Posted April 23, 2013 - 07:12 AM

Yes you need to remap for your exhaust. Did you remove the airbox snorkel as well? You can buy a tuner yourself, or get your dealer to put a map in the comp ECU for you.

• Schoonover_1245

Posted April 26, 2013 - 01:08 PM

Thanks all!!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.