93 XR650L FORK FIX ???

5 replies to this topic
  • snakezrx

Posted December 04, 2003 - 05:56 PM

:confused:ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS OR TIPS ON XR650L FORKS ? THEY DONT BOTTOM OUT BUT THEY SURE DO TOP OUT. I RUN A SUPERMOTARD SETUP IN THE SPRIN & SUMMER & ITS OK BUT IM GOING BACK TO DUALSPORT FOR THE WINTER & AM LOOKING FOR A BETTER SETUP FOR THE TRAILS ON THE CHEAP WITHOUT HAVING TO SEND THEM OFF TO SOMEONE. I CANT AFORD THAT RIGHT NOW. THANKS FOR ANY HELP. :)

• motometal

Posted December 05, 2003 - 12:59 PM

have you changed the oil yet? There is no external adjustment for rebound, but you could try 10 WT oil. I'm a bit puzzled...I ran my '93 through all kinds of terrain, never noticed topping out. There are spings in there that are supposed to absorb the shock of topping out, you shouldn't even be able to tell...

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted December 05, 2003 - 06:19 PM

What do you mean by topping out???? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snakezrx

Posted December 05, 2003 - 06:51 PM

when the forks compress & then return to full length they top out with a clunk. guess the guy who built them last screwed them up. i didnt know if this was common with this bike.guess i need to take them apart & see whats up. :)

• slip

Posted December 05, 2003 - 08:40 PM

You can also add up to 6 psi of air in each fork tube for a firmer ride.

• MotoChris521

Posted December 06, 2003 - 05:52 AM

You have a problem with you valve stack.My CR500 used to do that when the oil got real dirty and the valve stack would stick open.If you've never worked on forks before i would take them to someone who has experience.They are a pretty basic design,but they are cartridge style and you have to know what your doing to find the problem and get them set-up properly.Good luck and enjoy your XBRP ! :)

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.