2013 WR450R green horn.

4 replies to this topic
  • heli-ox450

Posted April 18, 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hello all!
Well I pick up my ". thumper" tomorrow afternoon, I've been reading up on Mods to throw into and on it
Ecu, exhaust restrictions, grey wire, and air box. Any other tips you wall have for me? Best oil? Coolant?better than recommend break in period and methods? I do not race (yet maybe hare scrambles eventually)
Any tips would be wonderful, looking very forward to my new toy, and acclimating myself to its systems.

• yukondood

Posted April 18, 2013 - 07:58 PM

i understand 12 and 13s are the same. with FI bike no grey wire mod, just ecu, pull exhaust restrictor or slip on, remove throttle stop, remover air box snorkel quick and easy, I alos added a riser and love it

bump up to a programer, cam and full exhaust

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EdgeR6

Posted April 19, 2013 - 04:19 PM

i just got mine the other day. first thing i would do it ride it stock break it in. the fmf pipe is on national back order. there are limited exhaust options at this point. i will be using motul double ester i have used it in all my bikes. it is how ever not cheap. look over some of my post because i ask many of the same queztions. wait untill u ride its so stable. but sreering is a bit loose for me. will be add a gpr to help that.

• BFox

Posted April 21, 2013 - 03:46 PM

I have a 12.Full FMF exhaust ordered for a 2009 YZF 450.Fits like a glove

• BFox

Posted April 21, 2013 - 03:50 PM

And I run Amsoil.In the bikes. In the truck. In the trucks differentials in the transfer case in the power steering pump and sometimes in the fuel tank

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.