Rear Brake weak

1 reply to this topic
  • counteru

Posted April 18, 2013 - 11:53 AM

I searched for several different things but none seem to pertain to my issue. So here goes!
I have a 2012 YZ450F and I took off the back tire today in order to swap out my old tire for my new tire.
After I finished getting the new tire on the rim, I put the tire back on and lined her up and checked my chain tension and all was good.
So, i crank her up and take her for a small test ride down the street to check and make sure everything felt ok. When I attempted to apply
the rear brake.... nothing! Normally, I can barely tap it and it nearly locks up. So, I press down harder and harder. I nearly have to put my weight on it
before it will lock up the rear.

What's happened? I didn't touch the brakes other than to move the caliper to the side in order to slide the wheel out. Anyone have a clue what I have done wrong or what's going on.

I checked the line to make sure no fluid was leaking just in case... and all is good.

I read a post where someone had a similar situation with weak rear brakes but his was after bleeding his brakes. I had no need to, and did not bleed nor brake the seal on the fluids period. So, why would it take soo much force to lock
up the rear now?

I am pretty sure I had no grease on the rotor because I made sure I wiped it off with a clean cotton rag before I put the wheel back on so surely I didn't compromise the pads by getting grease on them.

btw, the pads still look like new.
suggestions? cause im lost now!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • counteru

Posted April 18, 2013 - 12:04 PM

umm, disreguard..... seems perhaps I must have gotten a lil soap on the darn pads somehow... after spraying with brake cleaner and letting dry it seems to be working better. Can delete! Thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.