2008 WRF 450 computer wire question

3 replies to this topic
  • SurfaceToAir

Posted April 18, 2013 - 09:29 AM

I am in the process of putting a keyed ignition switch on my 2008 WRF 450, and noticed wires going to the computer that are terminated with the plug shown in the picture. They are 4 wires. Does anyone know what these 4 wires are ( potentially ) for?

thanks!
Dustin

Attached Thumbnails

• computer wires.jpg

• DuncR6

Posted April 18, 2013 - 09:57 AM

I am in the process of putting a keyed ignition switch on my 2008 WRF 450, and noticed wires going to the computer that are terminated with the plug shown in the picture. They are 4 wires. Does anyone know what these 4 wires are ( potentially ) for?

thanks!
Dustin

I remember seeing a diagram that said it was a coupler, but it didn't say for what unfortunately. Are you planning on doing any sort of write up or is there already one that you're using for the keyed ignition? I'd be interested in seeing it if so.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GuyGraham

Posted April 18, 2013 - 09:58 AM

optional handlebar remote that Yamaha stopped making

http://www.amazon.co...F/dp/B005C5EZO0

http://www.boats.net...TJ98-30-00.html

Edited by GuyGraham, April 18, 2013 - 10:01 AM.

• SurfaceToAir

Posted April 18, 2013 - 10:46 AM

Excellent! Thank you!. Don't need that, so I am going to scavenge that plug to use for my key switch and just fill the computer wire plug with silicone.

I am going to do a write up on this. I am wiring the bike up for street. I just started digging in last night and am waiting on some parts still. The post will cover the wiring:
* lights
* keyed ignition switch
* turn signal / high low beam/ horn switch
* new starter + kill switch to replace the stock starter and kill
* New light indicators ( signals, ignition, high beam )

I will try to get it all out in one or two updates, so it will be a few days before I post on it.

cheers!
Dustin

Edited by SurfaceToAir, April 18, 2013 - 10:49 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.