2001 WR426

1 reply to this topic
  • Mayniac

Posted April 15, 2013 - 06:34 AM

I am just beginning the process of rebuilding my bike. It quit on me last fall 10kms out in the bush. Seems I jumped teeth on my timing chain and bent valves. So I am going to replace valves and put in a new piston and rings. Does anyone have any recommendations on what else I should do to the bike? Its such a great bike that I want it back to new condition. I am putting a new decal kit on it once the mechanical work is done and will post pics as I go.

Edited by Mayniac, April 15, 2013 - 06:35 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • abaumgartner122

Posted April 15, 2013 - 10:44 AM

along with pistons and valves check your timing chain and make sure it didnt kink a link or something but do you still have a decompression switch on it? and are you still running stock jets?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.