2003 YZ450F Valve cover hoses

Miscellaneous Motocross Engine Valve Train Yamaha YZ450F 2003

1 reply to this topic
  • Buchta179

Posted April 14, 2013 - 09:36 AM

I tore down my 450 to install new faction mx valves. Everything went well and I have put everything back together, the only problem is im missing a hose! I have the larger Breather hose, but I'm missing the smaller one. i know the larger one is an oil overflow in case the bike is laid on its side, but I don't remember what the smaller one is or what it is called, please help me!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 14, 2013 - 02:47 PM

The smaller one is the air pressure balance hose for the oil system. It runs from the cam cover to the frame at the left side of the steering head to equalize the pressure in the oil tank with the crankcase air pressure. Just a piece of oil proof vacuum hose will work. Clamp it on.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.