Yz 450 engine knock?

22 replies to this topic
  • Curtybird95

Posted April 21, 2013 - 05:27 PM

I was looking around on it today and noticed a hole in the front of my engine? What could have blown through it????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DGXR

Posted April 22, 2013 - 01:21 PM

I was looking around on it today and noticed a hole in the front of my engine? What could have blown through it????

We could speculate all day, in fact it looks like everyone has been guessing at answers for all your questions... but you still haven't done anything about it except ask more questions. If you take it apart or get someone else to take it apart, most of your questions will be answered. I'm just saying that it's about time for you to take some action.

• NitrousR1

Posted April 28, 2013 - 02:19 PM

The last time I saw this happen with a bike that was just purchased. I did $1700 worth of work to it. New owner took failed crank cylinder piston head along with all the other wear items and threw it through the previous owners window. Go to a Yamaha dealer pay to get it diagnosed and torn down. see what your looking at and make a decision. I'd be on the phone with the guy u bought it from. Drop it off right at his doorstep and wash your hands of it

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.