2010 yz450 bogs after 15 minutes

24 replies to this topic
  • Merc1212

Posted November 17, 2014 - 09:21 PM

Mebgardner is right, no adhesive just plastic tabs that hold the different parts together. You have to pry pretty hard using two picks to make sure the first tab doesn't click back in as you work on the second. Try not to pry it any further than it needs to be to release but I know I did on a couple and the plastic held up. Sorry no video.

The way I look at it the filter isn't meant to be serviced so you need to be ready to buy a pump if you end up breaking it. If you have that in mind, just go at it and if I breaks so be it. If you manage to get it apart then bonus! I can't ride something that isn't running right so those are the only two options - repair or replace.

• mebgardner

Posted November 18, 2014 - 11:54 AM

Mebgardner is right, no adhesive just plastic tabs that hold the different parts together. You have to pry pretty hard using two picks to make sure the first tab doesn't click back in as you work on the second. Try not to pry it any further than it needs to be to release but I know I did on a couple and the plastic held up. Sorry no video.

The way I look at it the filter isn't meant to be serviced so you need to be ready to buy a pump if you end up breaking it. If you have that in mind, just go at it and if I breaks so be it. If you manage to get it apart then bonus! I can't ride something that isn't running right so those are the only two options - repair or replace.

Thanks for the confirmation. My patience has been rewarded.  I wondered, but it's not my forum and not my thread. So, I held out for patience.

Thank You!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dexter42

Posted November 18, 2014 - 03:08 PM

High flow performance sells the filters, $15.

• Gravesdigger

Posted February 09, 2015 - 08:30 PM

I forgot to post pics of the new filter vs old

IMG_20140407_175143_566-1_zps5ingytce.jp

b09d64bc-a893-4dbd-b729-ffd3e324703c_zps

• Dutchie21

Posted June 17, 2015 - 07:12 PM

I took my pump apart and cleaned the filter and purchased a new pump from Ebay for $35 bucks put it all back together. I couldn't get the pump apart without cutting the 3 inch fuel line on the pump. When I put it back together it ran great for 1 moto. After that it started to bogg and stall and run awful. I had 144 hours on the bike I was planning on rebuilding the engine over the winter anyway and thought the bogging was due to the low compression. Rebuilt the engine still had the bog, after 4 plus months of looking for the issue I finally wanted to try putting the original OEM pump back in, ran great again for 1 moto, when I took it apart the 2nd time I found the short fuel line had separated. I looked for a fuel line that could be submerged in gas and take the pressure from the pump. I couldn't find anything that worked and finally just bought a new OEM pump assembly. Bike runs like new again. If you need to take that fuel line off, be sure to replace with the correct type of line, and if you find the correct type please post on here so we all can use it. 

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.