Clutch conundrum

2 replies to this topic
  • revyrider

Posted April 12, 2013 - 06:56 PM

Went to install a Rekluse EXP in my '07 wr450 only to discover that there were 9 friction & 8 drive plates in the basket.According to every manual & oem parts diagrams I can find there should be 8 friction & 7 drive.After several attempts to get the Rekluse to engage with 5 & 5 as per the instructions without any success I tried 6 & 6 which should be for '03 & '04 models & it seems to be engaging fine now.Anybody have any idea whats up with this? Frame is stamped '07 & any other engine parts I have installed for '07 model were a perfect fit!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tek9tim

Posted April 14, 2013 - 10:41 AM

An aluminum frame is a dead giveaway that it's an '07. As to the clutch plates, I am no help, I have an '04.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 14, 2013 - 01:55 PM

Someone changed your clutch to the old style.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.