Got a BRP! WooHoo!

11 replies to this topic
  • CAM2R

Posted December 03, 2003 - 05:05 PM

Thanks TT'ers - especially this crowd. I've actuall had the BRP for two months, but the information that I have learned here makes me really glad that I got this bike. :)

I look forward to learning more about this beast - so far it's uncorked, Uni filter, Billet guards, FatBars, oh this toy list will grow I'm sure.

• TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted December 03, 2003 - 05:11 PM

Good for you now get out there and blow some chunks! :)

• Rokatt88

Posted December 03, 2003 - 05:29 PM

Hey! Chunks is my dog! :)

• CAM2R

Posted December 03, 2003 - 07:23 PM

Chunk one tire - the first rear is gone after 10 ride days! Don't know if that is good or bad, but I heard that BRPs love to eat rear tires.

• JR650

Posted December 03, 2003 - 09:01 PM

i'm on numero 4, in the last 4 months of riding, so yeah id say they like to eat tires, i hear good things about longevity of the terraflex type 2 though. This pig just peels the knobs off whenever you hit something resembling traction, never quits spinning it seems. Oh well, i have determined that the roost is not my problem :).

• loufish

Posted December 03, 2003 - 09:21 PM

Congrats!....Wear out the rear tire, but replace the front. A new Dunlop 756 really helped out the idea of turning. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted December 04, 2003 - 04:53 AM

I agree that the 756 is great for the front, a lil soft on hard-packed but awesome cornering. I use a Pirelli MT16 w/ a Bridgestone HD tube in the rear. Awesome hookup and great wear. I've got 200 miles on it in the New England area and we have it all up here. No visible signs of wear yet. Not even rounding.. :)

• big t

Posted December 04, 2003 - 06:24 AM

This site is great! I just picked an 03 xr650. I can't wait to get it uncorked. :)

• TimBrp

Posted December 04, 2003 - 07:42 AM

This site is great! I just picked an 03 xr650. I can't wait to get it uncorked. :)

I noticed an Xr400 in your profile...it won't hold a candle to the 650 uncorked...Enjoy!

• CAM2R

Posted December 04, 2003 - 09:12 AM

Just got a D756 the other day for the front - thanks for the input.
Seems like I ride this bike like I drive my truck - steer with the throttle! :)

• big t

Posted December 04, 2003 - 11:32 AM

I can already tell a big difference in the 650. I can only imagine what it will be like when uncorked. :)

• CAM2R

Posted December 04, 2003 - 02:29 PM

Hey Big T,
Get that baby uncorked! - I rode mine once stock. Overheated like crazy in the tight trails.
I think that I spent about $30 for the parts. The exhaust was a snap -get a GOOD (read "Milwaukee") hole saw + some oil - it took thirty seconds max to drill it out! My advice is to remove the tip from the pipe and use one of the screw holes to screw the flange onto the top edge of your workbench so the rest hangs over the side. Makes it real easy to contain the oil and free up both hands to hold the drill.

You'll wonder why you even waited to uncork it, once you ride the real BRP, you can never go back!
:)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.