YZ TIMING

4 replies to this topic
  • GSS

Posted December 03, 2003 - 02:24 PM

I RIDE A WR 400 , JUST GOT IT A FEW MONTHS AGO , A FRIEND OF MINE JUST CHANGED THE TIMING TO HIS BIKE AND HE IS MORE THAN SATISFIED WITH IT , I HAVENT TRIED IT YET AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS THE THEORY BEHIND THIS MODIFICATION , PROS AND CONS, :) IF SOMEBODY IS KIND ENOUGH TO LET ME KNOW
BEFORE I DO THIS TO MY WR . .I HAVE READ SOME OF THE OLD POSTS BUT FRESH INFO WILL HELP.THANKS IN ADVANCE.
GSS

• yamahasocal450

Posted December 03, 2003 - 02:37 PM

it gives it a more snappy hit, cons are that you might lose a little of bottom end,,, if you can even tell, then stick in the stock yz jetting and jet accordingly from there if you have a pipe or at higher elevations, plus you have the old bike, so all you have to do is rotate the cam one tooth and even if you dont like it you can switch it back :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted December 03, 2003 - 05:47 PM

DO IT. Just do it. You wont regret it. Everyone else is doing it also. i did.

• GSS

Posted December 04, 2003 - 05:27 AM

Thank you both !! I will review what has to be done after the yz timing concerning the YZ jetting i understand that the jetting is important as well , so i will try to get that info from former posts in the Forum , i am sure the info is there. Will let u know how it went , thanks again.
GSS :)

• jwriott

Posted December 04, 2003 - 08:22 AM

I'd never switch back on my bike. I did NOT have to rejet at all. I'd ride it first before you touch the carb. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.