New jetting with UNI filter?

2 replies to this topic
  • slowxr

Posted December 03, 2003 - 01:52 PM

Bike is uncorked and running good.
All things being equal, if I remove the stock airfilter and replace it with a UNI will I need to go up in jetting? And if so, just the main?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted December 03, 2003 - 03:43 PM

if I remove the stock airfilter and replace it with a UNI will I need to go up in jetting?

Probably not. It really kind of depends on your current jetting and your riding location (altitude & temperature). If your bike is already running a bit lean, then you'd probably want to fatten it up a bit (maybe go up 1 size on the main), but most bikes I've seen are already running plenty rich and the addition of a Uni Filter usually doesn't require any changes. Don't chuck your stock filter cause it's a good filter and comes in handy as a spare :)

What kind of jetting specs do you currently have? Is your side panel cut out? What kind of exhaust do you have? What altitude and temperature are you mostly riding at?

• slowxr

Posted December 04, 2003 - 09:35 AM

I just did the recommended uncorking mod's as far as jetting goes. I drilled out the stock muffler tip with a 2 inch hole saw. Other then that, it's stock. I usually ride between 4-6K feet w/air temp 50-70 degrees.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 4 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.