11' WR450 Clutch issues?

4 replies to this topic
  • Regenerex

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:25 PM

It all started when I was replacing whatever was left to my levers on my bike earlier, they went on perfectly, with no struggles, until I tried to move the bike in gear.. For some reason, the clutch will not take the bike out of gear, It would lock up as if I never had the clutch pulled in. It rolls perfectly fine in neutral, but not in gear, the clutch feels the same as before, almost looks like the lever isn't pulling the cable enough? Never had this problem with the original levers.. Any ideas?

ALSO!.. I noticed that rental's front sprocket doesn't have the safety thingy where you bend the washer in to stop the bolt from moving.. Will I have to worry about the sprocket falling off? And do I leave the washer on? (Yes, I am a beginner to this..)

Thanks!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:35 PM

Use the old washer!

A cold clutch drags. It's normal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Regenerex

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the fast reply! I'll run the bike tomorrow and see if it still drags.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

• JDLowrance

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:53 PM

You have to adjust the cable play for the clutch...I believe the manual states 1/4-3/8" end freeplay.

And, as Krannie mentioned, use the old washer. It has the spline cutout which will lock the nut once the tab is bent over.

• Regenerex

Posted April 08, 2013 - 03:25 PM

Alright, so the clutch problem was just that I never had the bike running in a while, but the only thing that's scaring me is that the Rental front sprocket I received, doesn't have the spline thingy on it to bend the washer, like the stock one. Is this okay? I don't want it to come flying off while riding.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.