2010 yz450 wont start

2 replies to this topic
  • smash78

Posted April 06, 2013 - 10:42 PM

Have a 2010 yz450 that will not start, ran earlier today to warm up the oil to change, started as it always does, turn off, drain the oil, replace the oil filter and change the air filter, re-fill with oil and try to start, will not fire at at all, curse, swear and try again, still no go, decide to connect yamaha powertuner to check for any code's, turn powertuner on and connect to bike, powertuner turns off, put new battery's in powertuner turn on and connect to bike, powertuner turns off as soon as its pluged into the bike. Has anyone had this problem or heard of this problem before?? Lifted fuel tank as i thought i may have kinked fuel line but ti was fine. Cheers Ash

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawamaha

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:59 AM

measure if there is voltage build up at the capacitor when you kick

• Chazmagnum

Posted April 07, 2013 - 04:11 PM

One thing you can try just to eliminate it is unplug the kill switch. Then see if it starts. I had one go bad. GOODLUCK

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.