Anyone saw The Place Beyond the Pines

8 replies to this topic
  • firsthumper

Posted April 06, 2013 - 12:47 PM

Have you seen this movie ? Looks really good, too bad they used the sound of a two stroke for a DRZ !
What's with film makers , they can't ever put the right sound for a motorcycle !

Edited by firsthumper, April 06, 2013 - 12:49 PM.

• toadl

Posted April 06, 2013 - 07:18 PM

It got a good review in the local paper. The picture they had for it just showed a little fairing and handle bars and wondered if it was a DRZ. I'll see it on video.

• 150ron

Posted April 06, 2013 - 07:26 PM

looks great, im in.

when is it coming out?

• superdot09

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:20 PM

Saw it, it's ok. Not a waste of time and $, but could have been better. Now for the even worse news, they don't put a 2 stroke soundtrack on the drz. Yes his bike in the movie is a drz.........but in every off road and cage scene it is a 2 stroke honda that has mods to make it look like the drz, they were just lazy with the sounds or didn't think anyone would notice. They had the modded honda on display for the opening at the arclight in hollywood

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wildrz400

Posted April 06, 2013 - 10:23 PM

I watched the preview and I wondered why they didn't just use the drz straight out and not put sound effects

Edited by wildrz400, April 07, 2013 - 08:09 AM.

• Integratunner

Posted April 07, 2013 - 09:46 AM

Good thing my 2nd job is at a theater! Free movies, nice to see a movie out with my interests.

• KlownPunch

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:29 AM

I watched the preview and I wondered why they didn't just use the drz straight out and not put sound effects

Licensing and copyright

• Rightcoastbias

Posted April 07, 2013 - 12:29 PM

I highly doubt they need to license anything to use a DRZ in the movie.

Suzuki would be chomping at the bit to have their bike featured in a movie, as would any other manufacturer. In fact, most companies pay to have their vehicles featured in a movie.

I would guess it has more to do with capability and presentation. Director probably thought the 2 stroke sound was more emblematic of a dirt bike and they used the Honda in the stunt scenes because it preformed the better.

• KlownPunch

Posted April 07, 2013 - 01:02 PM

I highly doubt they need to license anything to use a DRZ in the movie.

Suzuki would be chomping at the bit to have their bike featured in a movie, as would any other manufacturer. In fact, most companies pay to have their vehicles featured in a movie.

I would guess it has more to do with capability and presentation. Director probably thought the 2 stroke sound was more emblematic of a dirt bike and they used the Honda in the stunt scenes because it preformed the better.

Yeah I am sure they changed the sound...logo..tanks ect...to make it more theatrical. lol
Most movies..they hide brands for legal reasons. ...they change or make logos or machine more unrecognizable. That goes with any product...unless they have permission or wish to risk trademark royalties.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by KlownPunch, April 07, 2013 - 01:03 PM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Nevada

MY BIKE WAS STOLEN LAST NIGHT…. 9/1-2/2014 Las Vegas. by ARMRD X

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Southwest
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

Wheelie discussion by Chubs604

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  136 replies
Forums
Photo

FCR 39mm Carb from TT store - Question by Chubs604

• Hot  58 replies
Forums
Photo

what's the most comfortabe seat/seat mod for DRZ400 by the doog

• Hot  99 replies
Forums
Photo

DRZ400SM fork springs? by Ladyeclectic

• 20 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.