BestDualSports Intake Cam for 2012

4 replies to this topic
  • JDLowrance

Posted April 06, 2013 - 11:29 AM

Have been out a couple of times with this cam installed and so far am not impressed. I'm putting the stock cam back in this afternoon before tomorrow's ride.

I was under the impression there would be substantially more mid and top end (which there is) without affecting the botom end too much. Well the bottom end has been substantially reduced which transitions into a relatively hard hit into the middle through to top. Not what I was told or expecting. Makes the bike harder to ride in the tight rocky stuff. It seems fine for open areas. Would probably be a good choice with a big bore kit....which I may do in the future. One other thing I noticed is that the bike does not run as smooth as it did with the stock cam. Feels more like an old school thumper with the additional chugging/vibrating going on.

Not sure what DirtBike magazine was on about.

I sent Simon and email explaining the issue asking for guidance on mapping (or whatever) to get some of the low end back but I got no response.

I would not recommend this cam due to the excessive loss of low end and the lack of after sale customer support.

Bummer.

Edited by JDLowrance, April 06, 2013 - 11:31 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 06, 2013 - 05:21 PM

I've heard the same issues with Cust support before.
It's only two guys, doing it part time, so you might have a bit of a lag time on Support time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted April 06, 2013 - 05:29 PM

I've heard the same issues with Cust support before.
It's only two guys, doing it part time, so you might have a bit of a lag time on Support time.

It's been over two weeks...as far as I'm concerned that's unacceptable. It didn't take him two weeks to get back to me when I was a pre-sale customer.

When I finished installing the stock cam I took a quick rip down the alley (sorry neighbors), I'm a happy puppy again. The bottom end is impressive and it'sno slouch on top. I think I can live with it!

Until big bore time that is....

Edited by JDLowrance, April 06, 2013 - 05:30 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 06, 2013 - 06:36 PM

It's been over two weeks...as far as I'm concerned that's unacceptable. It didn't take him two weeks to get back to me when I was a pre-sale customer.

When I finished installing the stock cam I took a quick rip down the alley (sorry neighbors), I'm a happy puppy again. The bottom end is impressive and it'sno slouch on top. I think I can live with it!

Until big bore time that is....

Yeah, that's no good.

I can't imagine that their cam does not come with a recommended mapping to go with it?
That would make no sense.

• JDLowrance

Posted April 06, 2013 - 08:45 PM

They do provide recommended mapping specs....all 3s across the board with no ignition advance. Ran better with the FMF map (with no ignition advance).

With there mapping there is no bottom and a real big ramp up in the lower mid range.....the rough running/vibration was bothering me so back to stock. Much happier now.

Anyone want a BDS intake cam....cheap?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.