Piston sizing on my Yamaha Enduro DT 100?

No replies to this topic
  • BlindRider

Posted April 05, 2013 - 05:54 PM

I got a 1974/75 Yamaha Enduro 100 for free, and for good reason. I know most people will probably just tell me to throw the bike out and save the trouble. Its in bad shape but I dont have a bike and I want to rebuild it since I know absolutely nothing about engines or motorcycles. Long story short I took the engine out because the kick start seemed jammed. The kick start gear is engaging so it wasnt that.

Turns out the piston was seized and rusted to the cylinder. I got the piston out and know that I need to take the cylinder to a machine shop and have the cylinder re bored a little larger, mostly to get the rust out and make it smooth again. Not sure what size piston I need tho, because I am unsure of the piston size that I have now. I was going to have the shop just resize the cylinder to the largest piston size available for this engine.

The information I do have is that there seems to be a 9 (could be a 6) on the inside with an upside down T above it. There are two other number on the inside as well. One is in large easier to read print: 65801 and the other is further in on the inside of the piston: 0112. The outside has ART printed near where the pin goes to connect the piston to the crank arm. Any information would be appreciated, and I apologize in advance if some of the vernacular I used to describe the piston is incorrect. Thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2001 YZ250 resto project by yamerhaaa304

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • Hot  24 replies
Forums
Photo

97 YZ250 suspension vs. 02 YZ250 suspension by Brendenob

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz 2000 and 2003 cylinders by dawson1120

• 6 replies
Forums
Photo

Yz250 crank shaft flywheel stripped problem! by jacob_buttery

• 6 replies
Forums
Photo

1998 yz125? by Cort003

• 8 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.