Wanted FMF 'Q' for YZ426

2 replies to this topic
  • bobwaye

Posted November 17, 2001 - 04:54 PM

If anybody has one of these for sale, in reasonable condition, I'm buying! Drop me a line an let me know what you want for it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fershy

Posted November 17, 2001 - 08:48 PM

There is one up on Ebay at the moment. Goodluck

• PK

Posted November 18, 2001 - 02:54 PM

Careful what you wish for. I had a FMF Q series pipe on my 99 YZF and wound up sending it back. My rear caliper put a dent in it because it doesn't come with the recessed area like the stocker. I also had an incurable exhaust leak at the header/ silencer junction, they don't use a gasket and the guy at FMF told me first to put thread tape on the joint. That didn't work so then he told me to put Hi temp sealant on it and that also blew out. I also found the mounting bracket was a huge pain in the butt, it's a 2 person deal getting it on the bike. I also felt you lose low end power. I wound up buying a BMP insert for my stock one. With 4 discs it was as quiet as the Q, but I am currently running it with 11 discs. The Q pipe is definitely quiet and the bike ran OK with it on, but the fit of the pipe was garbage. FMF said they were in the process of redesigning it because I wasn't the only one to have these problems. I would call them and see what they have done to remedy these problems before you buy one. If you do decide to buy one new, Hipersports had the best price, $239.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.