FIRST LOOK: 2014 YZ450F !

128 replies to this topic
  • Itsbroken

Posted April 06, 2013 - 01:42 PM

http://motocross.tra...-yamaha-yz450f/

Transworld has a few more photos and some information. Looks like the motor is moved forward along with the wrap around exhaust.

• nori41

Posted April 06, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Dont know what you mean by that

Did you not know? There is only one smart "people" on this forum, and it isn't us!! :lol:

• yz250337

Posted April 06, 2013 - 02:11 PM

that bike looks downright sexy as long as they keep the reliability and stay away from those air forks i will continue to buy Yamaha i bleed blue cheers to the original poster

• grayracer513

Posted April 06, 2013 - 03:30 PM

that bike looks downright sexy as long as they keep the reliability and stay away from those air forks i will continue to buy Yamaha i bleed blue cheers to the original poster

I'm not feeling air forks, either. Not at the point where they are now.

• snocrazee

Posted April 06, 2013 - 03:35 PM

Has anyone heard about the 14 yz250f?

• sean3239

Posted April 06, 2013 - 04:14 PM

This bike is different in more ways than I care to explain.

Glad to hear it.

• yz133rider

Posted April 06, 2013 - 05:33 PM

when are the specs normally officially release more like may?

• f150jokerstyle

Posted April 06, 2013 - 06:01 PM

Air forks/shocks are not ready for the desert IMOP and may never be due to pressure changes ranging from heat and altitude. Also I have no idea how the after market is going to get a tank that will go more than 40 miles on this. To me this is a sad day for yamaha from a desert racers point of view. Yes they put some major work into the Wr but it is by no means a lean mean fighting machine that the yz line once was in the off road world. I hope i'm wrong and I hope by some engineering feat someone creates a tank for this thing.

• Chazmagnum

Posted April 07, 2013 - 08:35 AM

http://motocross.tra...-yamaha-yz450f/

Transworld has a few more photos and some information. Looks like the motor is moved forward along with the wrap around exhaust.

I downloaded these pics so I could blow them up and look at every little detail. I'm so excited I have been waiting for this bike for 3 years. If I had to guess I bet it lost some lbs too.

• Chazmagnum

Posted April 07, 2013 - 08:41 AM

Here is some comparison photos of my 2010 yz450f vs the "spy photo" 2014.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz133rider

Posted April 07, 2013 - 09:07 AM

I hope it lost some weight I think if it can become the lightest bike, improve the handling and maybe smooth out the power delivery they would be getting great reviews. They'd be the bike to beat. Losing 7-8 pounds doesn't seem too difficult but maybe thats a little lofty. Improving handling, and smoothing out the power would be a heck of an improvement!

• MX210

Posted April 07, 2013 - 10:03 AM

Looks just as wide as the older bikes^ things a joke. No im no trolling just stating my opinion. The exhaust design is stupid. Just admit to a bad design yamaha and go back to the original head design, who wants to take off a plastic piece to get to the gas cap everytime you have to put gas in. The air filter design is stupid. One puddle and those vents will be clogged shut with gunk and dirt bc they sit on top of the shrouds. Not to mention this is the ugliest bike ive ever layed eyes on. Worse sales than before im betting on

• MX210

Posted April 07, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Looks like all they did was try to polish a turd of a design because they are to proud to admit they screwed up the bike in 2010.

• yz133rider

Posted April 07, 2013 - 10:14 AM

When the bike was released every test rider and owner loved it. The came stewie and the bad reputation. Owners of Yamahas have always been chasing front end traction issues so thats nothing new. Yamaha focuses on a stable geometry and reliability. They have never turned like an rm but are always consistent. So I dont see how this is a turd. The air filter makes alot more sense then being stuffed under the seat. What kind of airflow can it really get. And at 30-50mph with direct air intake you would expect some serious gains in airflow. 30-50 mph are realistic speeds to hit on an MX course.

• Chazmagnum

Posted April 07, 2013 - 01:15 PM

And did you see that yellow bike in the dirt again last night? How many wins did js7 have on the Yamaha vs Suzuki.... It's not the bike. Not that I think any of the top 5 manufacturers make anything less than a great bike. If there was "turd" in the bunch, Honda 51hp would get my vote. But again I think the Honda is the perfect bike for some. For me the fit, Feel and undeniable reliability of the Yamaha put it in the top spot. I think the production verson will look pretty sweet.

• snocrazee

Posted April 07, 2013 - 03:13 PM

And did you see that yellow bike in the dirt again last night? How many wins did js7 have on the Yamaha vs Suzuki.... It's not the bike. Not that I think any of the top 5 manufacturers make anything less than a great bike. If there was "turd" in the bunch, Honda 51hp would get my vote. But again I think the Honda is the perfect bike for some. For me the fit, Feel and undeniable reliability of the Yamaha put it in the top spot. I think the production verson will look pretty sweet.

Totally. Stewart is a fast rider but he only prooves himself in the heats. When it comes to the main, he crashes out. And thats why the Yami got all the bashing on it because the front end slid out from under him and what not. And wasn't that what happend last night? Just another excuse from his mistakes and blaming it on the bike.

• luvnoldcars

Posted April 07, 2013 - 04:02 PM

The air filter design is stupid. One puddle and those vents will be clogged shut with gunk and dirt bc they sit on top of the shrouds.

what about js7 and dm18 at the Daytona mud race. First and second.

• carl_kxf250

Posted April 07, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Did you not know? There is only one smart "people" on this forum, and it isn't us!! :lol:

Yes I must be as that don't make any sense at all. Keyboard warrior

• Chazmagnum

Posted April 07, 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yamaha might not make changes as often we wish. But when they make major updates, it's always an improvement over the previous model. Really, for me if the bike is a little slimmer up front and still bulletproof and predictable. A single oil drain that doesnt require skid plate removal would be nice too. It will be my next bike.

• sean3239

Posted April 07, 2013 - 04:52 PM

Totally. Stewart is a fast rider but he only prooves himself in the heats. When it comes to the main, he crashes out. And thats why the Yami got all the bashing on it because the front end slid out from under him and what not. And wasn't that what happend last night? Just another excuse from his mistakes and blaming it on the bike.

I like JGR and what they are doing for the sport and all but I wonder if they are just going in the wrong direction with the Yamaha. In 2011 on the San Manuel Yami under Brooks, Stewart won.. what 5 or 6 on the blue bike which is not too bad. Ever since he got on the JGR bike, it seemed to go down hill. Brayton seemed to be better his first go around on the JGR bike and now a few years later, he doen't look as good as if the bike has just gone down the wrong path with their setup or whatever. Seems like they have so much technology and innovation to do anything over there but things just don't seem to be getting better with whatever they are doing. And yeah, Stewart is still doing the same thing on the yellow bike....guess he can't push on the Suzuki either?

Edited by sean3239, April 07, 2013 - 04:58 PM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.