FIRST LOOK: 2014 YZ450F !

128 replies to this topic
  • YHGEORGE

Posted April 05, 2013 - 01:20 PM

I wonder if the engine is moved forward as many have been doing. Radiators lower, narrower?

• luckyguy19

Posted April 05, 2013 - 02:18 PM

http://moto.mpora.co...new-yzf450.html

Posted Image

Bike looks so good. Radiators look like they have a decent tilt to them now. Maybe longer and narrower.

• Jmccrae

Posted April 05, 2013 - 03:05 PM

That's a sexy bike, dare I say my favourite looking one.
If it rides as good as it looks things will be great

• MX210

Posted April 05, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Ugliest bike ive ever seen

• yz133rider

Posted April 05, 2013 - 04:15 PM

I think it looks great! If its significantly improved its my next bike most likely hopefully find one as a left over. Yes im already planning and wishing and hoping. Sorry haha carry on.

• etuke

Posted April 05, 2013 - 05:04 PM

hope you don't have to unbolt that panel to put fuel in it.From the pics so far I'm not a fan of the look either.

• darenSM

Posted April 05, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Does teh exhaust wrap around the cylinder instead of the underseat pigtail loop or am i seeing things?

• zeuszuki

Posted April 05, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Looks to be an evolution on the current format, hardly surprising really.
Looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.

• Joe_Jet

Posted April 05, 2013 - 07:05 PM

I doubt that's the final production plastics on the top of the airbox and gas filler area.

Edited by Joe_Jet, April 05, 2013 - 07:35 PM.

• motojase316

Posted April 05, 2013 - 07:19 PM

Looks a lot thinner around the radiator region and does not fatten up as rapidly as the 2010 - 2013. Nice and Necessary refinements looks like the goal. I like it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe_Jet

Posted April 05, 2013 - 07:28 PM

After comparing these new photos with the 10-13 photos, it appears everything has been changed! Funny how at first sight it looks like almost the same bike. But if you go back and look at photos of the current 10-13 it looks fat, dumpy and heavy compared to the 14.

Edited by Joe_Jet, April 05, 2013 - 07:33 PM.

• Joe_Jet

Posted April 05, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Man...the more you look at the more you notice. Looks like air intake has been moved from shrouds to old fuel filler area. Thats probably how they significantly narrowed up the shrouds.

Also interesting to see Bridgestone back supporting racing.

• sean3239

Posted April 05, 2013 - 08:23 PM

So I wonder if you still have to lift the tank to get to the airbox...hard to tell from that pic but it seems the bottom shroud is connected from tank to radiator unlike previous. I guess you could still lift tank between that shroud piece but with a new airbox who knows...?

• carl_kxf250

Posted April 06, 2013 - 05:09 AM

Wounder if the air box is where the old fuel cap was? So you take off the cover (where old fuel cap was) then the filter is under there. Then fuel tank is a lot lower. Just a thought . I'm loving the bike now I seem more pictures.

• joaquin1296

Posted April 06, 2013 - 06:09 AM

I think it's a good evolution, it looks less wide. The exhaust around the engine will help mass centralisation and more weight on the front. I own a 2012, and before that a 09 YZ250F, one thing for me is clear the quality and reliability of Yamaha products is out of question. I will continue to put my trust on their bikes.

And the KYB shock is a "clasical" one again. I mean with the vertical bottle.

Edited by joaquin1296, April 06, 2013 - 06:11 AM.

• sean3239

Posted April 06, 2013 - 08:46 AM

Wounder if the air box is where the old fuel cap was? So you take off the cover (where old fuel cap was) then the filter is under there. Then fuel tank is a lot lower. Just a thought . I'm loving the bike now I seem more pictures.

yeah, I think you're right. The gas tank no longer goes up that high which leaves more room for the filter box so it looks like you would just take of that top piece and get to the air filter..no more tilting the tank and don't need to take seat off. So I'm curious the purpose of going away from the tornado pipe to this wrap-around...is it for shock performance (less heat)..some engine range performance improvement or possibly both maybe?

• MX210

Posted April 06, 2013 - 08:57 AM

How are you gonna put gas in the thing? The covers pop off?

• grayracer513

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:12 AM

... I'm curious the purpose of going away from the tornado pipe to this wrap-around...is it for shock performance (less heat)..some engine range performance improvement or possibly both maybe?

Neither, actually. The original idea of the pipe design (by Doug Dubach) was to pull the muffler farther forward and slightly down.

• Chazmagnum

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:17 AM

These comments are hurting my brain. Do most of you not watch supercross or pay attention to the dirt bike scene? Jgrmx has been running that wrap around exaust all season. This bike is different in more ways than I care to explain. But let's start with the new frame. And go from there.

• zeuszuki

Posted April 06, 2013 - 11:40 AM

These comments are hurting my brain. Do most of you not watch supercross or pay attention to the dirt bike scene? Jgrmx has been running that wrap around exaust all season. This bike is different in more ways than I care to explain. But let's start with the new frame. And go from there.

Nothing wrong with some healthy discussion, if you have something constructive and informative to say then let's hear it :-)

Edited by zeuszuki, April 06, 2013 - 11:41 AM.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.