2000 YZ426 Leak Jet Question

2 replies to this topic
  • mn_biker

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hi everyone,

So, I hate to bring this up since it appears that it has been beaten to death but I am having an issue with my bike.

I am having a hard time finding my leak jet on/in my carb. I've read everything I can find on locating it and I cannot find to save my life. I took a picture of the float bowl so maybe one of you can help me out.

The reason I am trying to find it is to do the DOC mod because I did the BK mod earlier tonight.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0386.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 04, 2013 - 09:31 PM

You're having trouble with that because there isn't one. The first YZ4xxF with a leak jet was the '05 450.

If it had one, it would be in the dimple you see at the bottom of the bowl, at 7:00 o'clock to the center jet well plug in your picture, directly above the hole at the bottom of the picture, directly right of the hole on the left edge.

• mn_biker

Posted April 05, 2013 - 10:50 AM

OK. So no leak jet means no need to do the DOC mod then? I'm guessing since I don't have one the AP is always at full? My bike was a bear to cold start before I dug into it and found the valves were too tight. So I'm trying to get the carb all setup before I put it back on the bike.

If I'm correct I'll just replace the MJ, PJ, and needle with my new FMF ones and install the new AF screw too. Although I do think I need to replace my AP diaphragm because I found a small tear in it.

Of course I'll still have to set the AP timing and length.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.