wr450 gyrt insert

I rode the WR 250 with the GYT-R (Vortip?) insert and was really disapointed with the performance. Sure, it was better than the stock "peashooter" but that aint saying much. I tried the WR insert from PMB and like it much more, better performance and still 96 db. I think they are about the same price too.

I just got the PMB insert.

I plan to only use it @ events and races where I have to.

I put it in for a few minutes and it does make it considerable quieter.

However, I didn't ride the bike with it in, only listened to it in the garage.

Need some info on fuel mixture screw settings before I test it in the real world.

I tried one on my wr426 and found this; Bike runs a little better than a stock DRZ400, definitely has less low end than open stock exhuast, needs jetting adjustment for better low end response, very quiet.

If you think you have too much power now, this will fix it. If you like to lug it and have instant snap at low end, don't do it.

• 1 month later...

For those of us that are new to this can you give more information on the "pmb" insert? Is it just an insert or a exhaust system? What does pmb stand for?

Thanks,

tcmII

1998 WR400 - bone stock, just bought used.

I've been using the PMB since early summer last year. Yes, it has a noticeable power decrease on the low end, but mid and top are excellent. With the insert, you simply need to keep the rpm's up and it's fine. It has taken me a while to get used to it though. I will admit that there have been times when I really just want to run with the uncorked stocker, but it would mean rejetting again. If the carb was easy to access on these bikes, I would probably consider it. I really like how quiet it is and I wanted to do my part to keep the noise levels in check before they start mandating Kalifornia rules in Idaho. I truly believe it's coming our way and we might as well get used to it. ?

For those of you who don't like the "pea shooter" inserts. Check out the insert from Quiet Products. (www.quietiscool.com). Pipe diameter is 1.5" and is reasonably priced.

Interesting. Looks similar to the old WhiteBrothers/BajaDesigns turn downs. Do you have one of these? I'd be curious to see what the performance is like compared to the PMB or GYT-R. Thanks for the link. ?