Anyone with a Giant Loop Bag?

4 replies to this topic
  • mslow

Posted April 03, 2013 - 04:43 AM

Wondering how you guys that own a Giant Loop bag are strapping it to the bike, specifically by the exhaust header.
For reference, this is a GL Coyote.

Thanks

Posted Image

Edited by msanna, April 03, 2013 - 04:44 AM.

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted April 03, 2013 - 07:59 AM

Don't have a picture handy at the moment, but on my GL Mojavi bag I routed the strap on the exhaust side through the middle of the voltage regulator mount. That keeps it from sliding down the frame tube and getting too close to the exhaust.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mslow

Posted April 05, 2013 - 06:08 AM

Don't have a picture handy at the moment, but on my GL Mojavi bag I routed the strap on the exhaust side through the middle of the voltage regulator mount. That keeps it from sliding down the frame tube and getting too close to the exhaust.

If you get a chance, can you take a quick picture and post it up?
I'm wrestling with this and would rather not have to alter the subframe if possible.

Anyone else using a GL bag?

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted April 05, 2013 - 07:12 AM

Best I can do at the moment... the bike is 12,000 miles away and I can't go take a proper picture of the straps... But you can see where the strap is going and on the steel frame WR450 this seems to be the best location for the strap.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• mslow

Posted April 05, 2013 - 07:33 AM

Thanks for the pictures, I'll try it out. With my coyote bag I always feel I need the straps pulling down more then forward so it doesn't interfere with my riding position, but maybe I can move the entire bag back another couple inches and try it that way.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.