need help yz426 issues

3 replies to this topic
  • bigthump426

Posted April 02, 2013 - 10:46 PM

I have a 2000 yz426 that's driving me nuts when I got it it started it did run rough it was hesitant and would die if I let it idle for a couple seconds I then I found the timing chain tensioner unscrewed on the outside I tightened it well now it will not start at all it won't even try also doesn't really feel like there is much compression please help if u can

• Tevonini

Posted April 02, 2013 - 11:02 PM

If the chain tentioner was too loose one or both of your cams probably skiped a tooth or more just pull your valve cover and look in your manual on putting the timing back to spec. Or you tube it.... Either or it's really simple I've done mine befor just hope it didn't come too far out to where your piston made contact with one of your valves

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigthump426

Posted April 02, 2013 - 11:20 PM

I did that how it sits I have the exhaust cam with the cam mark just below the top of the head and the intake is just above does that sound right I tried getting them equal but they just don't line up when its tdc could it be a jetting issue or valve adjustment

• bigthump426

Posted April 02, 2013 - 11:22 PM

And when I pulled the cover off to check after I noticed the tensioner it didn't jump at all

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.