I need 60 hp at the rear wheel...

4 replies to this topic
  • Le_Racer

Posted November 16, 2001 - 11:34 AM

I want to know if any of you running thoses 444cc high comp. kit have any hp number to share with me.
I'm racing on the ice and for 2002 they moved the four stroke limit from 426 to 450 in the 250 class.
My 2000 was right on 54hp on a Dynojet 150, my 2001 was slightly down on that, even after quite a bit of fiddling and switching over to the 2000 ignition.
The only thing done was oversizes valves and head porting plus a EVO pipe running on Pro Fuel MK IV (112 octane).
I also run that same bike in 4 stroke open and the 600 class so I've got to hold my own against KX and CR (from 500 to 560cc) that crank out around 70 hp and there is also one guy running a 80 hp Rotax(at the front sprocket=72/74 at the wheel).
I guess that I would do ok with around 60 hp with the wide and quick revvin powerband the YZ has and also with the traction advantage over the 2 smokes.

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted November 16, 2001 - 04:36 PM

Guy, try finding Hick on this board. He has your dream set-up! B.T.W. any recommandations on late season riding in your area? ( I'm up north ) I beleive you are in the Bois Francs area? ( I hate mud, gets my pretty bike messy ! )

Bonne fin de semaine!

[ November 16, 2001: Message edited by: Hugh LePage ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fastkevin

Posted November 17, 2001 - 03:02 AM

Have you tried Nutec?

• Le_Racer

Posted November 19, 2001 - 05:53 AM

What about Nutec?
I don't know anything about them.
About riding conditions Hugh, give me a call at 800-570-3521 (8-12/1-5 weekday).
I put on a ride saturday, with a bunch of mx guys from Challenge Quebec, some from the Quebec enduro club and a few loonies from New-Brunswick (factorymx.com webbie and friends...).
Consider yourself invited, along with your friends.
I just hope we'll get some snow to make things interesting...
After the ride we will relax to the sound of the infamous Cross-T MX Noise Band, with the crossgirls staff to serve the beverages...
It's gonna be worth the trip!

• fastkevin

Posted November 19, 2001 - 06:22 AM

Nutec is racing fuel. www.nutecdivision.com Average gains are 5-6hp simply by using it. I've gained 7hp on a road racing single. It's not cheap ($15-20 gal.), but when you consider the cost of that kind of gain with hard parts, plus the chance of building a grenade-it's worth it. A lot of people practice with pump or regular race fuel (VP F&L etc.), and then use the Nutec for the race.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.