2013 yz450f

24 replies to this topic
  • Caseihkid

Posted April 01, 2013 - 05:36 PM

Ok deal is here I work at a deal ship as a tech just looking for some info here I've set up three yz450 new and they all are hard as hell too start even after a few hours of running them what's the deal any same problems?

• Mx Factory USA

Posted April 02, 2013 - 03:25 AM

Check and see if there is a updated mapping for the ECU. I believe yamaha has a bulletin for this

• Caseihkid

Posted April 02, 2013 - 09:54 AM

I will I got one right now going together thank u much

• Caseihkid

Posted April 02, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Checked two Vin bulletins for the bikes with problems and nothing was shown

• WouldsAssassin

Posted April 02, 2013 - 04:50 PM

When very new my 2011 started easily cold, but sucked when warm. After 15 hours of use and a few very hot heat cycles from riding tight singletrack with some idling waiting for traffic to clear obstacles, it is easier to start.

Edited by WouldsAssassin, April 02, 2013 - 04:51 PM.

• Caseihkid

Posted April 02, 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yeah that's what I'm thinking just the typical cold blooded yamaha needs a break in

• f150jokerstyle

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:43 PM

Ok deal is here I work at a deal ship as a tech just looking for some info here I've set up three yz450 new and they all are hard as hell too start even after a few hours of running them what's the deal any same problems?

I smell a Yamaha TROLL :devil: . There is no way a tech from any yamaha dealer ship would come on here asking a question like that. They would call tech support. LOL the things you read on the internet. I think i'm going to go copy and past your question in the Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ktm, Tm, and so on message boards and see if I can create hysteria.

You could be the real deal and if you are i'm sorry to allege such a thing, but for example I work on generators. If there were a TT for generators and there may very well be but I would not go on there asking question about problems with new equipment with out getting permission form say Caterpillar or Cummins or Kohler

• Caseihkid

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:50 PM

I don't know what I did too bug you but I was simply asking for some help and ideas which people provide I get on here alot too broaden my knowledge on on going issues with anything power sports I worked four years before this as a heavy equiptment mechanic and this is my third week working for a dealer I guess I didn't know the ups and downs of posting things I'm not saying it's a bad bike and doesn't run or work just looking too see if there's other issues for example Jcb skid steers came in too the heavy equiptment place I worked at and all had leaking cylinders new all of the techs asked around too see if more issues were there and we all knew there was a bulletin on Jcb tech web that it was a problem I apologize for any issues I may have caused too you

• f150jokerstyle

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:54 PM

I smell a Yamaha TROLL :devil: . There is no way a tech from any yamaha dealer ship would come on here asking a question like that. They would call tech support. LOL the things you read on the internet. I think i'm going to go copy and past your question in the Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Ktm, Tm, and so on message boards and see if I can create hysteria.

You could be the real deal and if you are i'm sorry to allege such a thing, but for example I work on generators. If there were a TT for generators and there may very well be but I would not go on there asking question about problems with new equipment with out getting permission form say Caterpillar or Cummins or Kohler

Then I stand corrected and agin i'm sorry, it just seemed a bit weird to me. Also congratulations on the career change I wish you the best!

Edited by f150jokerstyle, April 02, 2013 - 06:57 PM.

• Caseihkid

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:57 PM

It's all good I'm still learning I do take what you say too help me tho the next time around

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mx Factory USA

Posted April 02, 2013 - 11:23 PM

It's def a mapping problem. I run into this issue often when we uncrate our rmz's. Plug the bike in and see if FI codes are tripping off. If no codes are shown plug in the GYTR power tuner and play with the fuel mapping. If that doesn't help call Yamaha's technical support line.

Edited by MXpro787, April 02, 2013 - 11:37 PM.

• JohnBee

Posted April 03, 2013 - 03:57 AM

You work as a tech for Yamaha and are posting here for support?
Have you considered calling Yamaha?

• Caseihkid

Posted April 03, 2013 - 06:48 AM

You work as a tech for Yamaha and are posting here for support?
Have you considered calling Yamaha?

read above

• WYO522

Posted April 03, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Typical cold blooded Yamaha?? Hahaha! This made my day! I may have gotten lucky... but my 2013 450 starts great, and so does my 2010, as did my 07', my 04' WR had electric start, so it started like a dream. My fuel injected 450's do require 4-5 good kicks when cold and the choke is pulled. My point... I suppose... is that even if you are having trouble with 2013's, Yamahas are not typically tough to start if jetted correctly, and the top ends aren't worn out. Thanks for the good laugh though! :thumbsup:

Edited by proclimber522, April 03, 2013 - 08:46 AM.

• ka24s14am

Posted April 03, 2013 - 10:06 AM

My 2012 YZ450 starts great. When it is cold pull the cold start knob behind the left radiator and it starts 3-4 kick every time. If you stall it out it needs to be cleared out. Hold the trottle wide open and give it 3 light kicks, shut the trottle and give it 1 one hard kick and it starts right up. When the bike is warm rev it a couple times and shut it off. Starts first kick every time. They do load up easy making it hard to start but clear it out and it will start right up

• Charlie755

Posted April 03, 2013 - 10:28 AM

They probably just need some good break in time. This has always been my experiance with brand new Yamaha's. We typically put a good 5 hard hours on them before they get easier to start. By the way my background was being a heavy equipment mechanic. I have been building MX engines for over 10 years now and love it. This IS a good place to get questions answered and dont ever be bashful just because you work at a dealership. Theres lots of helpful people on here. :thumbsup:

• asnyder2

Posted April 03, 2013 - 11:07 AM

Never had problem starting mine ( its a 2010) and have used cold start knob 1 time in three years...it was 17 outside. Just bring to tdc and then kick. Always 3rd kick cold for me and just figured has to prime or build fuel pressure.

• Caseihkid

Posted April 03, 2013 - 01:37 PM

They probably just need some good break in time. This has always been my experiance with brand new Yamaha's. We typically put a good 5 hard hours on them before they get easier to start. By the way my background was being a heavy equipment mechanic. I have been building MX engines for over 10 years now and love it. This IS a good place to get questions answered and dont ever be bashful just because you work at a dealership. Theres lots of helpful people on here. :thumbsup:

thank you for the advice mostly everyone on here seems too be very helpful nice after hours spot too get input and learn all I can and switch over from the heavy equiptment side of life

• HRC

Posted April 05, 2013 - 03:02 AM

Both my 2011 and 2012 yz450f was very very hard to start when brand new...specially when it was cold outside.

But after a couple of hours they both became easier to start.

• Mx Factory USA

Posted April 05, 2013 - 04:25 AM

Why would a engine have to be broken in to start easier? Makes no sense to me.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.