PJ-1 Frame Paint

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 25, 2001 - 09:13 PM

Has anyone had any experiences with this stuff in yamaha's blue? I'm thinking about getting some to do some touch up but I would like to hear some opinions first.
Thanks,
Khris

------------------
When in doubt, GAS IT!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted April 25, 2001 - 09:42 PM

I have used the PJ1 paint and it worked out great but you must follow the dirctions--as its a three stage paint process. And the Yamaha blue is a two stage paint and you must use both it and the laquer or it will look like sh*T.

Stage 1

Prep area and spray down a coat of PJ1 white primer (#18-PRMW)

Stage 2

Apply two (2) THIN coats of PJ1 Yamaha Blue (#17-YB8)

Stage 3

Apply one (1) coat of Clear Laquer Overcoat (#17-LACLR).

ALLOW about 20 minutes between coats. Will be totally dry in about 2-3 hours after the final coat.

If you follow the steps it will turn out great. If you skip the base coat and only do stages 2 & 3 it will turn out very good provided you cleaned everything real well before you started.

If you only do stage 2, the Yamaha blue it will look ugly.

Its not cheap after purchasing all three cans of the differint PJ1 products but it does look great and holds up about as good as the stock paint.

cheers

Clark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.