Competition kit headlight wiring

No replies to this topic
  • Built-1969

Posted March 31, 2013 - 05:04 PM

Hi all I have a 2012 WR450F and in Australian you ket a competition kit with the bike which takes off all the road required items. Part of that kit is simplified wiring for the handlebar controls and you just end up with a start switch and a kill switch. The new wiring for the headlight is simple enough it plugs in under the tank and feeds through to the head light, I assume it is on all the time as there is now no switch for it.
The issue I have is the Harnis plugs into the back of the STD light as normal but I am left with a single black wire that needs to plug in somewhere. The instructions are not clear, I have tried plugging it into one of the now unused indicator earth lines but The headlight still doesn't work. If anyone can point me in the right direction with this I would appreciate it.

Cheers Nigel

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.