Lean angle sensor 2012 wr

5 replies to this topic
  • BMWbeej

Posted March 30, 2013 - 08:49 PM

So I read in the manual somewhere the bike has a sensor when dropped the ignition switch has to be reset...
Is there a way to disable this as I can see it being a slow pain in the arse if you drop the bike in a "special test" when your
getting timed to the second!
Cheers Beej.

• JDLowrance

Posted March 30, 2013 - 08:55 PM

It's located under the tank on a thin steel bracket.

It basically will shut off motor after a set amount of time (not sure how long) of being imobile nad on it's side. Basically all that is required is cycling the on/off switch and it'll fire right up.

Not sure about disabling it.

• Lumberjack450

Posted April 09, 2013 - 09:08 PM

I have never run in to this turning on in almost 100 hrs and many crashes and drops..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 10, 2013 - 04:28 AM

60 seconds past 60 degrees

• GP1K

Posted April 10, 2013 - 07:52 AM

Yeah not sure why you'd want to disable this, not like it shuts off the moment the bike falls over.

• BMWbeej

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:48 PM

Thanks for the replys ! If it takes that long to cut out i'm not worried then... Obviously the last time I dropped it on a hill it must of stalled
and not "cut out" as it was only down for about 10 seconds.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.