easy carb question (for some!) help!

3 replies to this topic
  • mac the knife

Posted March 28, 2013 - 02:30 PM

help needed, just had my carb ultrasonic cleaned after having lots of trouble starting the basket case i have just bought (1999 wr4500) so trying to take everthing back to stock, so i have a base setting to start from.
1. in the manual it states that the the needle clip should be OBDXM4 ( for europe) does this mean 4 away from the needle point, or 4 down from the top ?
2. i have a yz400 exhaust is fitted at the moment (to loud unfortunately, for road use and MOT been offered one off a 2003 WR450, is it the same as the original for my bike? if not does it fit anyway ?
want to ride this week end so any help will be appreciated
cheers mac

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 28, 2013 - 03:44 PM

There is no such thing as a 1999 WR450 ( at least in the USA)
Clip is called out from the top
A YZ 400 complete exhaust will fit a 1999 WR400

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mac the knife

Posted March 28, 2013 - 04:01 PM

sorry, my apologies for the miss spelling, i meant 1999 wr400, and the exhaust is just the end can, i will have to use my own manifold

• allterra

Posted March 28, 2013 - 09:12 PM

sorry, my apologies for the miss spelling, i meant 1999 wr400, and the exhaust is just the end can, i will have to use my own manifold

Darn. :foul: ...I was really wanting to get a WR 4500. :cry: :ride: I'm sure riding one would be a hoot till you had to pick it up :mad: :eek: .

That is the best typo I have seen in a while.

Edited by allterra, March 28, 2013 - 09:14 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.