YFZ clutch basket in '05 WR

3 replies to this topic
  • Ukaszs2

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:41 AM

I want to put clutch basket from YZF to my WR. What do I need except basket (4)? Primary drive gear (1)? Only difference in part number for primary drive gear is model number 5TG instead of 5TJ even reduction ratio is the same 62/22 . Any information will be helpful.

YZF clutch exploded view, please refer to numbers.

Posted Image

Edited by Ukaszs2, March 28, 2013 - 06:46 AM.

• SHARPMACHINE

Posted March 02, 2014 - 02:03 PM

I am looking in to doing this to my 01 wr426. As I understand it, it is a good alternative to a cush drive for street riding???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 03, 2014 - 09:19 AM

You guys know that the stock WR450 basket (and the 426 basket, for that matter) already has a torsional cushion built in? 

If you insist on the swap, it requires the YFZ primary drive gear.  The gears are wider, thus heavier, and consume more power.

• Ukaszs2

Posted March 18, 2014 - 01:26 PM

If you insist on the swap, it requires the YFZ primary drive gear. The gears are wider, thus heavier, and consume more power.

That is the info!

I was thinking about this swap after my gerbox broke down but end up not doing it. 

This mod along with oil upgrade and rear hub cush drive is good if wr is used as a supermoto but it costs couple of $$$. 

Later yeras of wr '07+ has updated stronger gearbox and piston cooling oil jet thus this models are better for sm from factory.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.