Thunder Alley - Or - come on feel the noise....

5 replies to this topic
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted November 15, 2001 - 10:12 PM

Ive got it! My new Thunder Alley pipe is in the garage. Waiting for install. Cant wait. He (Bob Murry )sent me a 166 main to go with it. After trying it, Im gonna do the BK mod. One thing at a time. After that Im going to a 51 tooth rear. Ill probably have to hire Tim Ferry to ride the thing for me. I wish the pipe was more astetically atractive. Hell,its alomst plain ugly, at least the header is, but hey she cooks. Muffler looks just like anything else. All the fun stuff is inside the aluminum canister. Smaller core than my Pro circuit T-4. :)

• dsp426

Posted November 15, 2001 - 03:00 PM

is there a web site for thunder ally?i'd really like to check it out.

• SoundChaser

Posted November 16, 2001 - 05:37 AM

Shawn Mc-
Any chance of getting some digital pics of the pipe before installation? Im really curious to see this bad-boy that I have been reading raves about. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted November 16, 2001 - 08:38 AM

I dont have a digital camera, at least not yet. So I be able to put any pics up for the pipe. But I put it on last night and fired it up at 9:30 pm to the chagrin of my neighbors. My next door neighbor comes over last night after i blip the throttle a couple of times, " So ya got a new toy huh? Can ya kill that thing, ya woke up my kids" OOPS! Oh well, cant wait to ride it, going out to elsinore on friday after thanksgiving. One thing about the pipe right out of the gate, it fits better than my Pro Circuit T-4 did in the mounts. But its fatter and lays on the side plate a tad. But I think I have the wrong side plates.

• sirhk

Posted November 16, 2001 - 08:52 AM

Cruise down to Kragen and get some muffler tape and load up the inside of your side panel with it. I remember when I demoed the system at Elsinore it touched the very back of the side panel. Is that where you're talking about? If so, I'm not sure how to keep that from melting. At least it's just the edge.

• brain

Posted November 16, 2001 - 09:18 AM

THERE IS NOT A WEB SITE YET, BUT IF YOU CALL CRAIG HE WILL SEND YOU PITCHERS. SHOP # (559)584-8109 CELL (559)904-0424

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.